- Fill the 7 gallon tub with 4 gallons of water.
- Next to the tub, position the stilt assembly 6 inches under the heat lamp.
- Insert the air temperature sensor into the volume on top of the stilts.
- Place the water temperature sensor in the water.
- Run the Arduino script.
- Decide on a standard water / air temperature to let each come to before starting the experiment. In my tests, the standardized starting air temperature was 92 degrees Fahrenheit and the water temperature was 65 degrees Fahrenheit. THIS WILL BE THE STARTING POINT FOR EACH ITERATION OF THE EXPERIMENT.
- Turn on the heat lamp.
- Wait for the water / air temperatures to come to the desired level before starting the experiment.
- Once the water / air temperatures have reached the standardized starting level, transfer the stilt assembly into the water tub, keeping the heat lamp positioned the same 6 inches above it.
- Leave everything alone and allow the sensors to gather data for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, you can stop the script and remove the stilt assembly from the water. MAKE SURE TO COPY DATA FROM THE SERIAL MONITOR INTO WORD / EXCEL BEFORE STARTING ANOTHER TRIAL, OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR DATA.