The enclosure is a relatively simple box. The only openings are the 3" void for light to enter and the small hole for the wires. The enclosure also has an operable roof to ensure proper lighting conditions. The most complicated piece is the operable housing on the outside of the enclosure. The difficult part was making these pieces interchangeable for experimentation. This was achieved through bolted connections that are recessed into the plywood housing and outside of the insulation in order to stop thermal bridging.
- Cut plywood & plexiglass to specified dimensions and bore holes using CNC machine.
- Glue walls of enclosure together using 90º corner clamp. Once glue has cured attach to the base.
- Cut insulation and glue to the inside of the enclosure.
- Before gluing insulation, bore small hole for wires to pass through.
- Glue polarized film to plexiglass.
- Sandwich plexiglass between pieces of the housing and glue.
- Once glue has cured, connect both plexiglass housings to the enclosure using bolts.
Waveshare UV Sensor